In 1940 the Navy already had a vast network for tracking ships in the Pacific Ocean using their radio signals, and breaking their cryptographic codes. For example, they "traced the Pacific Ocean routes taken by eight of Japan's tankers from October 1 to December 6, 1940." Most of Japan's oil was being obtained in California despite an alleged American oil embargo.  Two of the tankers so traced, the Kyokuto Maru and Shiriya, later became part of the Pearl Harbor strike force, and were radio-IDed again at that time. 
You guessed it. More Drupal. The site was just updated to Drupal 8.6.0.
Also, yesterday I added a new custom module called QueryPages. It's a contextual sort of functionality, but used directly in Views. What it does is allow you to use the current page (when there is a pager on screen) as a contextual argument.
If that doesn't mean anything to you, that's okay.
Yeh, I know, more Drupal. But this was a major improvement.
So after I made the custom error pages I then discovered a key weakness in the out-of-the-box Search module: my error pages would come up in search results, because they are just another bit of content, just like this post. The answer was a better search engine, something I had planned on adding eventually, but now I had a reason for sooner rather than later.
It's time consuming to configure and tweak to get just the way you want it, but you can get it just the way you want it!
Search results now include only what I want them to include, and that includes way more options than I had before, including any media—images and audio tracks—that may be related to a search term. Plus, as I begin re-organizing the topics from the old journal posts (the old site had those but were lost in the translation), those topics are included in search results, and they in themselves are like pre-formatted searches.
I still need to get back to the issue of redirecting traffic that is coming in from old links. That's what I was up to a few days ago, before I went off on a (Drupal) bender.
Update - Rather than adding yet another boring post about the development progress of this site, I'll just update this one to add that I finally got around to dealing with setting up the redirect stuff I was going to do earlier. It was painless.
So I just pushed up the v1.01 tag and I now consider the Carbon Harbor Journal officially back from the dead.
The Carbon Harbor Continuum is a rebirth of an old blog I started in 2005, the year following the creation of the Carbon Harbor album. The site covered a variety of territory, but generally speaking it served as a personal journal on creative exploration.
Looks like some changes at Blogger are going to mean I have to chose between an overhaul of this site or to just stop updating it. Seems I have already chosen the latter option by default, a long time ago. I may migrate this to another format, but that's not on my short list of things to do. So this is likely going to be the last post.